Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Photos of me in Cambodia

So I still haven't taken the initiative to figure out how to get my photos onto the internet, but for now, here are two unexciting photos I stole from my co-worker's Facebook album. This should serve as photographic documentation that I, in fact, am in Cambodia.

Here's me at work, at my desk, sitting in front of the computer I am now typing on, looking like a goofball. My hat says "clean hands" in Khmer and it's advertising a big anti-corruption campaign a lot of NGO's are partaking in right now. I am making the standard "Asian tourist" pose, which caused my co-workers to laugh, in turn causing me to laugh.

Here's me (in the upper left hand corner) out to dinner at One Fish Two Fish a few weekends ago with the American college students crew. We all just sorta found each other around town and all did dinner together.

Oh the excitement! Two whole crappy pictures.

I'll get the third part of my Angkor Wat saga up soon. I finished all my assignments for work last week and have now asked multiple times for more work and have not been given any. My director is so busy with other programs that she has yet to read or comment on either of the memos I have completed, or obviously come up with a new assignment for me. So, I'm sitting here in an office in Cambodia from 8-5 doing nothing when I could very easily be travelling. I'm using my time to work on my Cambodia paper for class so I can get the grade on my transcript before interviewing and to research firms for interviewing. After that, I might just not come in anymore until they give me work to do. I'm frustrated. I didn't fly 8,000 miles to surf the internet.

Thankfully tomorrow, Sunday and Monday I will be in the provinces observing human rights development and training sessions. That will be good.

Yesterday we ate pizza at the Pizza Company downtown, which was the most American -- and expensive -- meal I have had yet. I spent $6 and got a personal pan pepperoni pizza (pretty good, but no distinguishing taste), breadsticks, a couple buffalo wings, and a large coke. Mmmmmmmmm. And then I fell into a food coma the rest of the afternoon.

- m

No comments: