Friday, June 29, 2007

Change of plans

Work offered me the last week off from my internship if I wanted to travel. Seeing as I have more than enough employment left in the summer when I return -- if anything, I was working too much -- I accepted.

Right now it looks like I'm heading to Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur and Singapore across 8 days with nothing but my backpack. Hooray! More details to come.

I just left Freebird, a bar/grill that looked and felt distinctly American. It was weird to walk out on the street when I was done... I honestly felt like I was at home. Sadly, and happily too, I will be home in less than 3 weeks now: Wednesday the 16th.

Tomorrow I am catching the 8AM bus to Sihanoukville. All the rest of my friends are already there, so I'm stuck home alone. I bought a bus pass for Saturday before I realized work would've easily let me take a half day so I could go today. Oh well. So tonight I am all alone. I enjoyed my chicken sandwich @ Freebird and now just booked a flight to Bangkok! And I bought the Prestige today @ the DVD store so I could watch it tonight, so this is what I will do.

Plus, since I'm travelling alone tomorrow, this means I can get up early and indulge in something that probably only I would enjoy... USA DONUTS!!! Yes! Authentic, American-style donuts (cake with sprinkles) await me when I wake up tomorrow. Awesome. I'll almost more excited about this than I am about going to Sville.

- m

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a doughnut for Baba. Today would be her 81st birthday. She'd love to have a coffee and doughnut with you Mike!!!

Alain said...

im assuming youre gonna fill that backpack with clothes and stuff right?

gl with the doughnuts

btw, nhl free agency is insane