Monday, July 2, 2007

Assorted stuff

First of all, I should say that I went to Sihanoukville this weekend, which is another beach town. And it rained. In fact, as I got off the bus at the terminal, it looked like a monsoon. I rode a moto to the beach by hiding underneath the back of my driver's poncho, my face nicely planted into his B.O.-emenating arm pit. He then tried to con me into staying at some guest house he worked for (and I was too smart for that!) so he just dropped me off at the end of this street. Eventually, by walking through the rain, I found our guesthouse. It was gray and rainy for the rest of the weekend.

It wasn't all a wash. I got a nice massage (no happy ending) and got to read a lot of The Corrections.

Oh, and here are the dates for my trip:

7/6 Leave for Bangkok
7/9 Leave Bangkok for Singapore
7/11 Take overnight train from Singapore to Kuala Lumpur
7/14 Fly from Kuala Lumpur to Phnom Penh

My three flights cost a total of $220. My train ticket will be about $15-20. Besides that I'm hoping to find a way to live on $20 a day (food + accomodations), with a little extra being spent in Singapore and on attractions at each place. I'm praying that this will only cost me around $500. If not, it shouldn't be too much more.

I'll be arranging hostels and guest houses shortly.

Hmmm. Only 3 days left in Cambodia this week. Sad. After I leave I'll only have the 2 days after I return from KL to finish enjoying the city. I fly out of PP only two weeks from today.

- m

No comments: