Thursday, May 31, 2007

Bills bills bills

I'm not worrying about money on this trip, but I am becoming slightly irritated at how I'm spending more than I wanted to. I'll survive either way I suppose, but since I am paying for this out of pocket, I was really banking on the food, etc. being less expensive. It's not. Or perhaps I should stop buying cheap DVD's... I've only gotten three so far... one of which was $10.80 alone (House Season 1). Oh well.

Not to mention that Dragon Airlines is charging me $60 each way for excessive baggage weight. Cheap airlines = no love. Bastards!

I think I'm just going to start bringing PB & J to lunch every day. Eating's not really relevant to the Cambodia experience anyway.

I think our TV got blown up by lightning last night. We were right in the middle of watching a really great episode of Friends, too (hahahahaha).

For some cute pictures of my siblings and I, check this out: Arising Images.

- m

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mike,
As my last comment was perhaps a bit to motherly and mushy, I will try to be more straightforward. Don't get stressed over money. Be conservative and cautious, but don't spoil your experience. We'll help.
Also, the teacher in me would love to hear about the culture you are immersed in and your work experiences. It is not that your bowels and eating choices are uninteresting, but...
I feel this pat of your stay is dragging, but that it how it always goes with trips. The front half is slow, after that it flies. So hang in there. We are proud of you and think of you always. I keep you in my prayers and I know you are doing something important. Try to appreciate and notice the things you will no doubt think about once you are gone.

Mom

PS Can I email you?? I'd like to return to writing in mom-speak. Mushy is good.

Anonymous said...

Hi Mike,
Your Mom shared your blog.
Hard to believe you are in Cambodia?! Your still little Mickey P to me!! Proud of ya, BM confessions and all.. Enjoy this opportunity-before you know it you'll be married with 3 kids and one more on the way.
Say hello to your sweet Ashley for me.
Love and Prayers
Your cuz, Katy

Anonymous said...

Mike

The Pistons SUCK!!! I didn't waste my time watching the series with Cleveland. GO TIGERS!!!

Big Pun

Anonymous said...

Gday Guys

Are there any Blu-Ray/dvd

combination players?
Actually , i know you can get dvd/vcr players. Are there any players which perform either dvd as well as blu-rays that I can purchase rather then paying for couple of individual players?

Regards !