Monday, May 21, 2007

Why, Lilja, Why?


Let us hope the Wings can repeat the WCF of 2002. Lose game 5 in OT, stun the fans, win games 6 & 7. I don't know if you can predict or expect something like that to occur, but I suppose you can hope it.

My heart sank when I saw the headline today. 47 seconds away from a 3-2 series lead.

I didn't see the game so I can't blame Lilja exclusively. Obviously he did score what was to be the game winner up until the Ducks evened it late. But my goodness.

Was this game as brutally terrible as it sounds?

Things in PP are going alright. I'm at work right now and there's not much for me to do until next week. Had a hot ham & cheese sandwich and fries for lunch. Awesome.

- m

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude It was as bad as it sounds. The exact thing the Wings did to San Jose last series the Ducks did to them. The Wings controlled the entire game, out shot the Ducks 2 to 1 and found a way to lose. Ouch!!

On a positive note the Tigers swept the Cardinals over the weekend. And we spent Sunday morning with Ashley at Kensington. Take care. Go Pistons.

Dad

Anonymous said...

Just caught up on your journey (or should it be with a J?) thus far; ran into Ashley at Regina's graduation and she gave me the address. I'll keep reading if you keep doing things more interesting than me (which, all things considered, shouldn't be difficult). Good luck, though you won't need it. My dad says the same, and mentioned that you probably shouldn't tackle anyone as it might not be seen as a sign of affection abroad. Cheers,

Will

Unknown said...

Man, by now I'm sure you're already aware of the Wings game 6 loss. Bummer man. Condolences. The Wings were roaring in the 3rd period, but it wasn't enough. It's the worst because I'd say Detroit outplayed Anaheim about 80% of the series but still got beat. They just didn't put them away when they had the chance.

In other news, I was at the Pistons Cavs game yesterday standing about 6 feet from the TNT broadcast. I'm pretty sure seeing Charles Barkley, Kenny the Jet, and Magic argue in person, changed my life almost as much as the profound things you're experiencing in Cambodia. lol.

hope all is well.

-jamie