Thursday, May 17, 2007

No sleep



Here's Hong Kong live from outside my hotel window. It's 545 am local time here in Hong Kong. I have not slept a wink, although I have tried admirably. I feel like Bill Murray in Lost in Translation. Jet lag is no fun and my body hates me.

In the last 42 hours or so, I may have slept about 8 hours. I have also been sitting or laying for most of them. This combined with my ever-present excitement / anxiousness about my location probably goes a long way towards explaining my lack of sleep.

I've got a flight to Phnom Penh at 3:30pm local time today. I might pass out before then.

- m

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mike I don't know if you are aware but Pronger was suspended for tonights game with the Wings. Wish you were here. Mom and I are glad you arrived safely in Hong Kong. I've thought about you constatnly. What an adventure. Enjoy dude. I'll send a Wings update later after the game. Love you-DAD

Anonymous said...

Hello to my boy Bumble - it's your mom. You sound great. excitement in your voice is comforting to me. Remember, these stories will be told for at least 50 years, so take it all in.

Be safe. God be with you. I love you

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy you're safe and loving the city!! aww! I hope you get some sleep soon...I'm so confused with the time difference but hopefully you somehow slept/are sleeping. I love you so much and miss you!! We're waiting on the Wings to catch up in the 3rd period, it's 4-3. I miss you babe!!